Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How things have changed

When I was a kid, and had a horse, you just fed them completo, and a bit of chaff, and wormed them now and then, and rode the guts out of them. These days, they get massaged, chiro, Physio, super foods, additives to the feed, etc, and they are looked after and molicoddled, and they get sick, and hurt and lame and run through fences.......
Aussie this afternoon, was looking very weird on his rear end. he's always been a bit stiff in his sacroeliac area, (spelling?) but he's picking his legs up very funny, not sure if he's slipped and hurt his back in the mud, or he is getting stringhalt, god no not another horse with it! he just doesn't seem happy, and it's breaking my heart. My myotherpaist is on holidays for school, so will have to wait until next week. poor baby.
So I'm a bit down, and feeling like I am doing something wrong all the time. It's very deflaiting, and stressful. Hmmm, best thing to do is not worry, get him checked out, and get it fixed.
On a lighter note, my arena is being finished tomorrow, woohooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment